Suggest treatment for over active bladder
I have purchased D-Mannose Powder to fight my overactive bladder but it does not help to any degree.
I was perscribed: Ciproflox (without results) and had an urine test (negative). My bladder is behaving
very badly and does not give me any warning. I am eating pumpkinseeds and drinking Cranberry Juice.
I am male, 88 years old and generally in good condition.
Looks like you are struggling to battle the UTI, here is how you can
Hello sir and welcome.
Thank you for writing to us.
I have gone through your query with diligence and would like you to know that I am here to help. Well, D-Mannose powder and the other steps being taken like using ciproflox (antibiotic), cranberry juice and pumpkin seeds are are helpful in battling urinary tract infections (UTI), and if your concern is the UTI then go ahead with a urine culture and sensitivity examination. This result provides us with the following information:
+Confirms the infection
+Confirms and identifies the infection causing organism
+The urine is tested against various antibiotics, which provides us with a list of which antibiotics would be most sensitive and which will not. This helps in selecting an antibiotic that will be most effective in treating your infection.
But if your main concern is the overactive bladder, and the number of times you have been urinating and so on, then write back to me and I shall list all the available treatment options for treating an overactive bladder sir.
I hope I have explained things in a manner best understood by you. Please do not hesitate to write back to me for any further clarifications, I am always here to help.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Ayurvedic treatments for urinary bladder activity
- Suggest treatment for neurogenic bladder
- Suggest the treatment for polyps in bladder
- Suggest bladder infection treatment
- Suggest treatment for pain in vagina and bladder
- Suggest treatment for cyst in bladder
- Suggest treatments for serious bladder infection
- Suggest treatment for overactive bladder
- Suggest treatment for recurrent bladder infection
- Suggest treatment for gall bladder problem