• question-icon

Suggest treatment for ovarian cyst

Posted on Mon, 24 Jul 2017 in Women's Health
Question: I had an ovarian cyst of 4 cm . Recently I got it checked and it says 8 cm . I got my tests done and my urine gad traces of protein in it . I started homeopathy to reduce the size of the cyst. I also quit smoking recently . Now my period( which has always been regular ) is 7 days late . I took a pregnancy test and it came out to be positive with a faint line . I got an ultrasound done and there is nothing . Can it be a false positive ? Should I start divery?

If I get an abortion wI'll it be detected in a laproscopic surgery to remove the cyst ?
Answered by Dr. Sameer Kumar 13 minutes later
Brief Answer:
get a serum beta hcg test done

Detailed Answer:
You should get a serum beta hcg test done first to conclusively rule out pregnancy . If the hcg levels are less than 5mIU , then you are not pregnant , else you are. Laparoscopy cannot detect intrauterine early pregnancy. That has to be confirmed later after 2 weeks by ultrasound to be intrauterine.
BUt get a serum beta hcg test done.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Kampana
Follow up: Dr. Sameer Kumar 8 minutes later
How and where should I get it done ? Should the test be prescribed ?
Answered by Dr. Sameer Kumar 4 hours later
Brief Answer:
answered

Detailed Answer:
You can get it done at any diagnostics center and it can be done without prescription,in XXXXXXX Though officially it needs a prescription at some places.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Vaishalee Punj
Follow up: Dr. Sameer Kumar 26 hours later
My blood test came positive .
I will be going for a laproscopic surgery to remove the cyst next month. Will the abortion affect the surgery or can the laprascopic surgery detect the abortion ?
Answered by Dr. Sameer Kumar 17 hours later
Brief Answer:
answered

Detailed Answer:
If you wish to terminate the pregnancy then you can opt for medical termination and this shall not affect the laparoscopic cyst removal procedure at all. Pleas ediscuss with your gynecologist in detail and take an informed decision.
Dr. Sameer Kumar

OB and GYN Specialist