Suggest treatment for ovarian cyst
laparoscopic cystectomy should be done.
Thanks for the query to hcm,
As there is a ovarian cyst of 7x7 cm in size , it is unlikely to get resolved by medication. As per books any ovarian cyst above 4cm should ideally be removed surgically and preferably laparoscopically.
Any ovarian persistent cyst less than 4cm can be tried upon with oral contraceptive pills for 3-5 months and regular follow ups monthly, so its better to get a laparoscopic cystectomy done for the same.
As the cyst developed at the time of carrying a baby. But unfortunately she got aborted due to no growth of baby even after 50th day. But now our doctor says as it is a functional cyst came at the time of carrying a baby ,there is a chance that it will go away by its own. So please suggest us should we take chance to take tablet or should we go for surgery?
If surgery is there any risk involved in it?
laparoscopic cystectomy should be done. its advisable
A 7cm functional cyst would not go on its own. As mentioned earlier, you may require a course of low dose oc pills for next 3-6 months to decrease the size of the cyst and follow it up with USG or ultrasound monthly.
Anyhow cystectomy is advised for cyst more than 4cm in size. The cyst can be easily removed with laparoscopic approach without any side effects at all. Its a key hole day care surgery with minimal 1 day hospital stay.
Doctor if my wife get laparoscopic approach , how many days she has to take rest before next planning for child. I hope this surgery will not affect her to carry next time.
Mainly i want to know the reason for , why she got aborted due to no growth of baby when she carrying for the first time.
Well,laparoscopic approach is not going to hamper her fertility at all infact improve it by allowing fresh follicles to grow easily. Ideally she should give a gap of atleast 3months from now before she plans for next pregnancy.
The cause of missed abortion cannot be determined unless the cytohistopathological exam and karyotyping is done for the abortus, so the reason can be a possible congenital defect or as the heart beat itself never started, then it ensures that the foetus was not viable for life at all and nature had its own way of selecting the fittest.
So, this missed abortion doesn't mean in any ways the next pregnancy may again be missed, this is a fallacy. So be positive and get the lap done and then try naturally for conception again after 3 months.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Progyluton for ovarian cyst treatment
- Levonelle and ovarian cyst treatment
- Norethindrone treatment of ovarian cyst
- Ovarian cysts treatment options
- Treatment for hemorrhagic ovarian cyst
- Multiseptated ovarian cyst treatment
- Suggest treatment for ovarian cysts
- Ruptured ovarian cyst treatment
- Treatment for ovarian cyst
- Suggest treatment for right ovarian cyst
- Is pregnancy possible without ovulation?
- Is pregnancy possible due to sex on 8th day from menstruation?
- At what age does a girl start to ovulate ?
- Is chemical hair straightening safe for a breast feeding woman?
- Can i have abdominal hysterectomy despite having IBS?
- What causes discomfort and pain in pelvic region?
- How to determine the expected date of delivery using last menstrual period?
- What does my ultrasound report suggest?
- Suggest treatment of pelvic inflammatory disease
- Suggest treatment for Rubella infection