question-icon

Suggest treatment for ovarian cancer

Posted on Wed, 3 Sep 2014
Question: I am an ovarian cancer patient currently in remission. I had a CAT scan and blood work done yesterday. My CAT scan is completely normal. My CA125 XXXXXXX from a 10.1 to a 21. I know that's still in the normal range. Should I be concerned?
Answered by Dr. Monish De (2 hours later)
Brief Answer:
Radiologically normal

Detailed Answer:
Hi

Since you are an ovarian cancer patient on remission and your CAT scan is completely normal you do not need to worry at this moment.

The normal range of CA 125 is less than 35 U /ml and though it XXXXXXX from 10.1 to 21 U/ml in your case it is still within normal range.

You should not be concerned at this moment because your disease is radio logically and clinically stable.

Hope I have answered your query.

DR De
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Bhagyalaxmi Nalaparaju
Dr. Monish De

Oncologist