Suggest treatment for osteoarthritis
Thanks for your query.
From your history I have come to the point that your mother must get x-ray both knees standing in AP view and send me the report so that I can grade her osteoarthritis and act accordingly.
Till then give her balanced diet. She should not be given fatty and carbohydrate rich diet, junk foods, cream etc so that her weight can be under control.
Try to avoid squatting and upstairs as much as she can. Do quadriceps strengthening exercises in morning and evening as up loaded on you tube. This will straighten her muscles around knee and pain will decrease. She must wear hinged knee brace when ever she want to walk or go out for some work.
She can take 1 tab. aceclofenac+thiocolchicoside two times a day, by discussing it with your doctor.
- Apply hot packs for 30 min in morning and evening .
I do hope that you have found something helpful and I will be glad to answer any further query.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Treatment and cure for foot osteoarthritis
- Treatment and cure for inflammatory osteoarthritis
- Suggest treatment for osteoarthritis
- Treatment and cure for hip osteoarthritis
- Osteoarthritis treatment new injection
- Treatment and cure for tricompartmental osteoarthritis
- Treatment and cure for septic osteoarthritis
- Suggest treatment for osteoarthritis of the knee
- Treatment and cure for lumbar osteoarthritis
- Treatment and cure for knee osteoarthritis