Suggest treatment for osteoarthritis of legs

Dr. Erion Spaho

Neurologist, Surgical

Posted on Wed, 31 Aug 2016 in Brain and Spine
Question: Hello! In the morning I can hardly stand without holding on to something. Once I I feel steady the bottom of my feet really hurt.
Answered by Dr. Erion Spaho 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Postural hypotension and arthritis to consider.

Detailed Answer:
Hello and thanks for using HCM.

I have read your question and understand your concerns.

If there is pain in the morning that stops you to get up normally, osteoarthritis of legs and/or pelvis should be considered as a possible cause.

If there is unsteadiness that predominates, lowering of blood pressure after body position changes ( postural hypotension ) is a possibility.

In this case, drugs used to lower blood pressure are necessary to be reviewed about their use and doses.

It is necessary to monitor your blood pressure during the day and in different body positions (laying, sitting and standing) in order to get a better understanding of your condition.

X-rays of your legs articulations also are necessary.

Discuss with your primary care Doctor about these issues.

Hope you found the answer helpful.

Let me know if I can assist you further.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Prasad