Suggest treatment for orthostatic hypotension

Posted on Fri, 19 Dec 2014 in Hypertension and Heart Disease
Question: I've been diagnosed with orthostatic hypotension about a month ago, and by keeping my hydration up, breathing deeply, and getting up carefully I'm doing okay. Do you have any further suggestions for me? Thank you, XXXX
Answered by Dr. Divakara 39 minutes later
Brief Answer:
TAke high salt diet.

Detailed Answer:
HI

Greetings from Dr.Divakara.P

Well apart from what you are doing ( which os perfectly correct ) I advise you to increase your salt intake. Do aerobic exercise like brisk walking or jogging daily.

Also let me know if you are on any kind of medications as certain drugs will cause orthostatic Hypotension . Also have you been tested for the cause of Orthostatic Hypotension.

Hope this information was useful to you.

Kindly revert back with details asked .

Regards.
Dr. Divakara