question-icon

Suggest treatment for orgasmic dysfunction

Posted on Fri, 17 Oct 2014
Question: Every time I have sex with the guy I'm seeing I never cum! And he's always asking me to cum but I just don't think I can! Is there something wrong? Even when he fingers me I never cum :( he always seems annoyed after! I don't know what to do and I don't want to lose him! Help please
Answered by Dr. Ashok Kumar (22 minutes later)
Brief Answer:
Need for basic sex education & more foreplay

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for posting a query at Healthcaremagic.

I read your query and understand your concern.
What you are describing is quite common and seen in almost 40% of females. Few of the literature consider it as a disorder with name "female orgasmic disorder". The most common cause of this is understimulation and lack of awareness.

I request you to talk to your partner about the problem and devote some extra time for foreplay. There is enough literature that almost half of female have orgasm once the stimulation time is increased.

In case the problem is not solved by increasing the fore play time you can seek an consultation with sex therapist. Some of therapies are effective in treatment of female orgasmic disorder although with limited success.

'Hope I have answered your query. If you have any further questions I will be happy to help".
Thanks

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Vaishalee Punj
Dr. Ashok Kumar

Psychiatrist