• question-icon

Suggest treatment for organic brain syndrome

Posted on Tue, 18 Jul 2017 in Headache and Migraines
Question: my girl friend has organic XXXXXXX Sindrom and it may get worse is she going two end up in a wellchaer and not be able two talk can that hapen can she die look i need as much as u can give me on this wot can i do to better her life can u be my guid and walk me through this coz i have no one and im so scared for her some think is taking the thing i love most doc i need support and cansaling for this
Answered by Dr. Erion Spaho 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
With proper treatment there is hope for improvement.

Detailed Answer:
Hello and thanks for using HealthcareMagic.

I have read your question and understand your concerns.

You mean organic brain syndrome, right?

In such case, organic brain syndrome refers to mental dysfunction due to brain damage from different conditions such, trauma, alcohol, brain hemorrhage, concussion, demyelinating disorders, etc.

It is important first to identify the cause, and most cases, treating the cause should improve symptoms of organic brain syndrome too.

If the cause is being treated correctly and supportive treatment with physical therapy, occupational therapy, may improve significantly your girlfriend's condition.

So, it is possible for her not to end in a wheelchair.

Hope you found the answer helpful.

Let me know if I can assist you further.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Kampana
Dr. Erion Spaho

Neurologist, Surgical