Suggest treatment for oral thrush after a sexual encounter

Posted on Wed, 17 Jun 2015 in Infections
Question: Freaking out over here. I was diagnosed w
ith Oral Thrush and can't not for the life of me figure out why I have it. I'm a healthy 28 year old male. I did have a sexual encounter about 3 weeks a go, I was tested last year for HIV and was negative. I have an appointment tomorrow to get my yearly check up. just trying to figure out if it's my diet and lack of proper sleep that caused this.
Answered by Dr. Ivo Ditah 19 minutes later
Brief Answer:
PLease, send an image to me!

Detailed Answer:
Hi and thank you so much for this query.

I am so sorry to hear about this diagnosis of oral thrush and all the inconveniences this has caused you. Oral thrush is common among persons with a weakened immune system. Though many persons tend to attach immune depression to HIV there are many other possible causes such as poor diet, drugs, stress, etc. Also, thrush is not common in early stages of HIV. This means that, even if it were to be related to HIV, this is unlikely at this time given no prior diagnosis of HIV.

In all, there are many different possible reasons for this. Do not poison your mind with a possible HIV infection at this time. I will look at many other possibilities before this. However, to give you an instant response with certainty, get a rapid HIV test tomorrow and all doubts and worries would be put to rest.

I hope this helps. I wish you well. Thanks for using our services and feel free to ask for more information and clarifications if need be.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Neel Kudchadkar
Follow up: Dr. Ivo Ditah 18 minutes later
well I haven't been sleeping at normal hours, I have been staying up till 3 or 4 in the morning and then going to bed and have not been eating a balanced diet.
Answered by Dr. Ivo Ditah 12 minutes later
Brief Answer:
There is no typical oral thrush in your mouth!

Detailed Answer:
Hi and thanks for the images and responses.

I have reviewed the image and would not say you have a thrush unless this is after treatment. I will suggest you calm down and not get too worried. Your testing would help you make the clear distinction about what is happening.

Stress could cause this but without finding suggesting appearance in the mouth, I am hesitant making further comments about it at this time.

I wish you well.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Vinay Bhardwaj
Dr. Ivo Ditah