Suggest treatment for oral submucosal fibrosis and difficulty opening the mouth

Posted on Sat, 8 Aug 2015 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems
Question: hey all doctors,
i m having problem with my mouth i can't open the mouth no more than one finger and it because of i used to eat buttel nuts and i live in us and i have
oral submucosal fibrosis or where i can find the diode laser treatment . or how i can increase my mouth opening i went to few doctor but didn't get got response
how i can the treatment i will really appricate it thanks
Answered by Dr. Hariom Sharma 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
First tried conservative treatment

Detailed Answer:
Hi Sir,
I have gone through your query; and suggest you that first tried the conservative treatment for at least three month, if no improvement by this then only go for surgical management.

For your kind information conservative treatment of oral sub mucous fibrosis in our patient includes
1. Retromolar injection of kenacort and hyanase once in the week for three months if not contraindicated.
2. Lycopen containing multivitamin once a day for three months.
3. Exercise for increasing the space of mouth opening.
4. Avoid betel nut chewing and spicy food.

Wish you speedy recovery.

Thanks
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Raju A.T
Follow up: Dr. Hariom Sharma 3 hours later
Where i can find these treatment in ohio usa
Answered by Dr. Hariom Sharma 18 hours later
Brief Answer:
Consult with your ENT specialist

Detailed Answer:
Hi Sir,
I have gone through your follow up query; and suggest you that consult with your ENT specialist for above mentioned treatment.

Wish you speedy recovery.
Dr. Hariom Sharma

ENT Specialist