Suggest treatment for optic migraine and weak left eye
Last couple of weeks slightly blurred vision especially long distance (sudden onset). I am aware of it in my good right eye - but i am always blurry in my left eye. This improves with glasses but my eye right eye continues to feel uncomfortable
Right eye feels bleary and uncomfortable. A bit puffy and it does look slightly enlarged
My eyelid feels slightly heavy. My vision feels slightly strange both with and without my glasses
At certain time of the day my symptoms feel worse. especially when I'm tired or driving in bright light
Any ideas? I sometimes experience floaters but I have had this for some time
Welcome to HealthcareMagic.com
The symptoms you have described for your good eye(Right Eye) seem to be purely asthenopic i.e., owing to the changes in the refractive power. But you seem to have got that corrected.
A chalazion rarely leads to difficulty in vision. A very large upper lid chalazion pressing on the cornea leading to astigmatic changes can cause blurring of vision. But that doesn't seem to be your case.
Owing to the history of glaucoma in your family you can and should get a full glaucoma workup which includes
1. Intraocular pressure monitoring
2. Visual field analysis
3. Optic nerve head evaluation by fundoscopy and OCT
You should also get a cataract evaluation done.
Apart from this I would suggest a wait and watch strategy. If you have any further problems you can get back to us.
These days a basic glaucoma workup is a part of routine eye examination and had you mentioned the family history of Glaucoma the optician would have performed further tests.
It seems non-contact/rebound tonometry for the intraocular pressure and Optic nerve head evaluation has already been performed. A full field analysis( Perimetry) is the only test that remains and which happens to be the most sensitive to glaucomatus changes.
I suggest you should get it done so that we have a baseline for future references.
As I stated before the symptoms are vague as of now and do not warrant further or any extensive workup.
The symptoms that you should be on a look out are sudden further loss of vision, any increase in the size of the eye ball or any buldging of eyes, double vision, pain in the eyes, loss of consciousness or dizziness, any black outs.
Do keep me informed about progression of things.
Be relieved there is nothing to sorry about as of now.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Eye migraines and ophthalmic migraines
- Suggest an alternative of cafergot for migraine treatment
- Suggest treatment for migraine
- Suggest treatment for severe migraine attacks
- Suggest treatment for recurring migraine
- What treatment is suggested for migraine headache
- What treatment is suggested for migraine with oras
- What treatment do you suggest for migraines
- Continuous migraine pain treatment suggestion
- Suggest dosage of topiramate for treatment of migraine
- Plaquenil,vitreous detachment.Side effect?
- How is eye infection in diabetics treated ?
- Optic atrophy, uveitis. Curable?
- Does cannabis have any side effect causing retina tear ?
- Can driving, swimming, flight journey and involve in sex, 10 days after...
- What are the brown patches in my eye after being hit by a soccer ball?
- Green discharge from eye, red eye, unable to open eyelid. Causes ?
- How is hypermetropia in children treated ?
- Eye pain, taken artificial tears, wear CPAP mask, have type 2 diabetes,...
- Congenital cataract in both eyes, signs of squint. First squint surgery...