• question-icon

Suggest treatment for opioid addiction

Posted on Fri, 22 Aug 2014 in Medicines and Side Effects
Question: My Son who is 27 drinks 8 to 10 mountain dew sodas every day .For the last 2 years he's been under doctor's care for pain management.Now hooked on pain killers .Any thoughts.
Answered by Dr. Abhishek Kapoor 38 minutes later
Brief Answer:
He needs psychiatrist help

Detailed Answer:
HI
Thanks for using healthcare magic. I, Dr Abhishek Kapoor, would help you in this query.

I think, he is becoming addict to opioid and needs detoxification for that. If he takes alcohol and pain killer together, then gradually he would become dependent upon them. In that case, he needs help of a psychiatrist to control this dependence. Psychiatrist would help him to come out of this problem.

In case, you need further help, you can ask.

Dr. Abhishek Kapoor
Psychiatrist
Follow up: Dr. Abhishek Kapoor 4 minutes later
Still need and answer for the mountain dew issue is it causing or contributing to his pain in all his joints
Answered by Dr. Abhishek Kapoor 17 minutes later
Brief Answer:
It could lead to joint pain

Detailed Answer:
HI

All soft drinks share a common issue. They are highly acidic. The pH level of Mt Dew is 3.3. Consuming a product that is highly acidic begins a rather destructive process to body. The blood must maintain a pH level of approx 7.1. If it does not, then body will suffer destructive consequences. So in an effort to maintain a healthy pH, body does everything in its power to balance it. When your son consumes these highly acidic drinks, his body has a game plan for buffering the acidity. This way it accomplishes this is to use alkaline minerals. It does this by pulling from his skeletal system utilizing minerals like calcium and magnesium. It then releases them into his bloodstream to counteract the acidity. This is how his body keeps you alive and this could be the reason behind joint pain.

I think, that would help to solve your query.

Dr. Abhishek Kapoor
Psychiatrist

Dr. Abhishek Kapoor

Psychiatrist