Suggest treatment for opened stitches of deep wound on hand

Excellent

Question
I had my stitches removed today from a pretty deep hand wound between my thumb and index finger on the palm side it opened back up. Not sure how to take care of it
Posted Tue, 5 Aug 2014 in Lump

Answered by Dr. Raju A.T 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Dress the wound

Detailed Answer:

Apply antibacterial cream like Bactroban and dress the wound with cotton bandage. This would prevent healing and help the cut ends to join.

Do get the wound examined by your doctor. This is to rule out whether there is need for re-suturing.

Hope, I answered your query.

Wish you good health.

Follow-up: Suggest treatment for opened stitches of deep wound on hand 53 minutes later
What do i clean it with,and how often and for how long do i keep it covered

Answered by Dr. Raju A.T 15 hours later
Brief Answer:
Wash with clean warm water or saline

Detailed Answer:

Thanks for writing back.

Wash the wound with clean warm water or 0.9N normal saline.

You may have to keep it covered for a minimum of a week. Apply the bandage for the same period.