Suggest treatment for open pores on the face with hollow spots

Posted on Mon, 8 Jun 2015 in Beauty & Cosmetics
Question: I hv open pores on face , small and large both which very visible..hollow spots small in size. My exposure of the sun is 2-3 hrs. Provide me a routine and treatment for the open pores.
I hv used toner after every wash of my face Throught day. 2-3 times, but hasn't appeared invisible.
Answered by Dr. Kakkar S. 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
Glycolic acid based cream Or peeling sessions

Detailed Answer:
Hello. Thank you for writing to us.

I have gone through your query and i have understood your concern.

Oilier the skin greater the pore size.

Pore size is genetically determined and it is actually not really possible to alter the pore size permanently, though regular exfoliation keep the pore clean and makes tbem appear small and tight.

I suggest you to use a glycolic acid based cream once daily at night Or you may also take regular sessions of glycolic peel once every 2 weeks, from a dermatologist.

Glycolic acid is an exfoliant and keep the pore clean, tight and thus makes them appear refined.

In addition you should also use a broad spectrum sunscreen throughout the day.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Shanthi.E
Dr. Kakkar S.

Dermatologist