Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
181 Doctors are Online

Suggest treatment for open lip after an injury

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 1980
Answered : 1 Question
I fell on 2-5-11 and the lower lip remains open. It causes discomfort when eating, especially spicey foods. The lips are always scaly and unattractive. I have received prescriptions, etc. They don't stay on, of course. I am very upset about and to the end of my rope. What specialist should I see? HELP!
Posted Mon, 10 Feb 2014 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems
Answered by Dr. Rahul Tawde 1 hour later
Brief Answer: Please follow up with ENT/plastic surgeon... Detailed Answer: Hi my dear, You should follow up with ENT specialist and a plastic surgeon to further evaluate the status of your open lip and if it can be repaired by plastic surgery. Hope it was of help! Dr.Bardha
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Medical Procedures

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an ENT Specialist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor