Suggest treatment for obstruction from adhesions long after abdominal surgery
Dont need to be afraid of surgery
Hi and welcome.
In your case there was probably development of intraabdominal scar tissue called adhesions which is commonly seen after any abdominal surgery. These adhesions can sooner or later cause complete or partial blockage of small or large bowel.
In case of partial obstruction, the conditions can be managed by easier and more liquid food,but it may lead to complete obstruction and then this can be life threatening condition.
Surgery is pretty simple and there is no some extensive tissue resection or bowel manipulation. so even much older patients stand it and recover quickly.
there is no some other way to reach bowel by colonoscope and dilate this segment. it can be done only in distal parts of large bowel.
I cant find the way to give u a thumbs up.
That s fine, you re welcome.
We do surgeries for your type of difficulties everyday and from my experience, patients benefit from operation since symptoms may improve for a bit on conservative therapy,but obstruction of bowel is always progressive and sooner or later it will lead to complete obstruction and then surgery will be more difficult to perform.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Driving after abdominal surgery
- Flying after abdominal surgery
- Suggest treatment for ocd treatment
- Stomach bloating after abdominal surgery
- Suggest treatment for bowel obstruction
- Hiccups after abdominal surgery
- Fluid retention after abdominal surgery
- Healing time after abdominal surgery
- Shoulder pain after abdominal surgery
- Scar tissue after abdominal surgery