Suggest treatment for obesity in an elderly person

Dr. Deepak Sundriyal

Oncologist

Posted on Mon, 3 Apr 2017 in Medicines and Side Effects
Question: i am 52 years old male , a little over weight poor diet. taking medications for type one diabities, cholestrerol and blood pressure , get blood work done every 3 months , this time my dr, told me i have my hemogloben is poor, goinf to in see him again on monday. just had a colon test all fine no bleeding from anywhere i feel fine . all, other blood work came back good. most likely is this aneima or cancer ?i been waiting for an answer for 50 mins now . i m 52 yrs old male little over weight type one diabities high cholestrerol on medication get blood work every 3 months this last test the result came back low hemogloben dont know the number going in to see dr on monday i feel fine colen text came back fine no bleeding anywhere. i feel fine other blood work came back fine, is this mostly likely caused by aneima or some sort of caner
Answered by Dr. Deepak Sundriyal 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Hello dear. Yes it's anemia

Detailed Answer:
Hello dear. I have gone through the details.

So a poor hemoglobin is an indicator of anemia and you thus require more tests to evaluate the cause of anemia.

Most likely causes include:

-blood loss from gut
-Nutritional deficiency.

So, if the colonoscopy is normal, then upper GI endoscopy needs to be done as well. A stool test may also be repeated. If all are normal, then iron profile, vitamin B-12, and folate test are required.

Once the cause is established, treatment can be done accordingly.

Please share the reports with me so that i can give you more details.

Thanks and regards

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Arnab Banerjee