Suggest treatment for numbness in the fingers
Not appropriate 1st line treatment
I believe I just answered this question a short while ago on the FREE bulletin board side of this site. Thank you for taking my advice to follow up so that a better solution can be found for your problem.
Numbness in the fingers can be from a number of causes...none of which would be expected to respond to cortisone injections. Cortisone injections are expected to give relief in situations where there may be unbearable pain in a joint that has failed to respond to standard therapies or an inflammatory process such as an autoimmune disease causing symptoms of numbness, tingling, or other dysfunction.
However, in the absence of any of that...if your fingers are numb then, one must search for a cause. For example, is the first suffering from a metabolic problems such as diabetes mellitus, rheumatoid arthritis, lupus erythematosus, hypo or hyperthyroidism, or could it be a nutritional deficiency such as B12, folate, Vit. D in the diet causing the symptoms?
Another possibility would be that of a compressed nerve in the neck or perhaps further downstream in the wrist? For that a physical examination and perhaps an imaging study of the neck would be indicated such as CT or MRI.
Also, an overlooked cause of numbness/tingling or other funny symptoms that can occur in the hands or feet would be side effects from medications (as well as homeopathic or alternative types of formulations) so there would have to be a history check for that as a possibility.
My recommendation is that if this is a new symptom which has never been worked up to this point that you seek out a neurologist. They will have a very good idea of what tests need to be performed and what sort of examination should be done in order to get to the bottom of what is causing your symptoms. Then, and only then, should a plan or intervention be formulated and I almost guarantee that cortisone shots will not be part of the list of possibilities at this stage of the game.
If I've provided useful and helpful information to your questions could you do me a huge favor by CLOSING THE QUERY and be sure to include some fine words of feedback along with a 5 STAR rating? Again, many thanks for submitting your inquiry and please let me know how things turn out.
Do not forget to contact me in the future at: www.bit.ly/drdariushsaghafi for additional questions, comments, or concerns having to do with this topic or others.
This query has utilized a total of 15 minutes of professional time in research, review, and synthesis for the purpose of formulating a return statement.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Suggest treatment for numbness in figners
- Suggest treatment for swelling and numbness on hand
- Treatment and cure for finger numbness
- What treatment is suggested for pain and numbness in hand
- Suggest treatment for numbness on hand
- Suggest treatment for numbness on face
- Pregnant fingers hand numbness tongue numbness treatment
- Suggest treatment for swellingpainful hard spots and numbness in legs
- Suggest treatment for numbness on shoulders and right arm
- Suggest treatment for sore and numb armpit
- Suggest treatment for numbness in my left hand’s fingers
- Suggest treatment for numbness in the fingers
- Suggest treatment for pain and stiffness in the neck
- Suggest treatment for severe throat pain
- What does this MRI report indicate?
- Can an epileptic person take Vistaril?
- Suggest remedies for dizziness after electroconvulsive therapy treatment
- Suggest remedies for intolerance to Trazodone
- Suggest treatment for nausea, weakness and low BP
- What causes high BP and pulsating sensation in the throat and abdomen?