Suggest treatment for numbness in the cheeks and pain in the head

Question
thanks doctor. I feel numbness in cheeks , tingling in left hand dull pain in left head when I sleep on the right side. Hello. My left arm shoulder and head have a dull pain and for the past day I have drooled in sleep. I feel uncomfortable when I sleep becs of body weight pressure on head
Sat, 2 Jun 2018 in Brain and Spine

Answered by Dr. Prof. Kunal Saha 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Could be due to neuropathy

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for asking on HealthcareMagic.

I have gone carefully through your query and understand your concerns. Your symptoms seem consistent with neuropathy. I would need to ask you if you are a diabetic. Deficiency of Vitamin B12 could also give rise to such a presentation. Taking methylcobalamine (Vitamin B12) 1500 mcg supplement per day for at least a couple of weeks should help in improving the situation.

Regarding the shoulder pain, it would be advisable to take Tab. Aleve (naproxen) as per requirement (preferably in full stomach). Hot compress should help.

If the problems do not resolve in a week or two, it would be advisable to see a neurologist.

Let me know if I could help further.

Follow-up: Suggest treatment for numbness in the cheeks and pain in the head 39 hours later
Thank You so much, Dr. Saha
I am feeling better, but will take the B12 - I have foregone and postponed this for years. I am vegetarian and was vegan for 2 years.
I shall watch my weight and hope am not diabetic.

thanks for your advice
Leena

Answered by Dr. Prof. Kunal Saha 6 hours later
Brief Answer:
Glad to be of service

Detailed Answer:
Feel free to contact me back if you ever have a health related query in the future.