Suggest treatment for numbness in my left hand’s fingers
Ahhhh....the left fingers only now?
Good morning......I saw another question where you simply stated that your FINGERS (no specification as to side) were numb so I didn't know whether or not both hands were involved....now, it's the left.
Now, you've also provided more information that you didn't have in the other question which is that you were operated on for CTS but the symptoms are back again. Sometimes such surgeries don't work entirely well and there's no good explanation. Sometimes, surgeries don't work because the patient doesn't really have CTS to begin with and it turns out to be something else.....and sometimes the surgery works but the symptoms come back......
You would have to be able to say how you were diagnosed with CTS in the first place. Was there a neurological examination performed by a neurologist or was the diagnosis made simply on the basis of your complaint of numb fingers in the hand? Which fingers exactly are affected? For example, if ALL the fingers are definitely affected then, CTS is less likely than some other condition which may be up in the neck at the level of the cervical spine. Was an EMG/NCV study done prior to surgery....if so, what did it show.
Were other things checked on you metabolically as I mentioned in my other answer to you such as B12, Vitamin D, TSH, FT4, ESR, folate levels in your bloodstream as well? Although a nutritional deficiency for a focal process such as left finger numbness is less likely....the checking of labs is always a good thing to do when people complain of such symptoms.
Was an MRI of the cervical spine obtained and if so, what did it show?
My suggestion is to follow up first wtih your PRIMARY DOCTOR or PRIMARY NEUROLOGIST who may have seen you initially and referred you for surgery. I would not necessarily go back to the surgeon because they are likely not to have a good answer for you as to why the surgery failed and the possibility that they may want to submit you for another surgery is something I don't think you want to do right away BEFORE you've had a full and complete workup as I've described....make sense?
If I've provided useful and helpful information to your questions could you do me a huge favor by CLOSING THE QUERY and be sure to include some fine words of feedback along with a 5 STAR rating? Again, many thanks for submitting your inquiry and please let me know how things turn out.
Do not forget to contact me in the future at: www.bit.ly/drdariushsaghafi for additional questions, comments, or concerns having to do with this topic or others.
This query has utilized a total of 15 minutes of professional time in research, review, and synthesis for the purpose of formulating a return statement.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Suggest treatment for numbness in figners
- Treatment and cure for hand numbness
- Treatment and cure for finger numbness
- Suggest treatment for swelling and numbness on hand
- What treatment is suggested for pain and numbness in hand
- Suggest treatment for numbness on hand
- Suggest treatment for numbness on face
- Pregnant fingers hand numbness tongue numbness treatment
- Suggest treatment for sore and numb armpit
- Numbness fingers left hand
- Suggest treatment for numbness in my left hand’s fingers
- Suggest treatment for numbness in the fingers
- Suggest treatment for pain and stiffness in the neck
- Suggest treatment for severe throat pain
- What does this MRI report indicate?
- Can an epileptic person take Vistaril?
- Suggest remedies for dizziness after electroconvulsive therapy treatment
- Suggest remedies for intolerance to Trazodone
- Suggest treatment for nausea, weakness and low BP
- What causes high BP and pulsating sensation in the throat and abdomen?