Suggest treatment for numbness in legs caused by severe levoscoliosis

Dr. Prof. Kunal Saha

Posted on Mon, 19 Oct 2015 in Back Pain
Question: Hi, i am a dr myself, but i always ignored any symptoms, now iam sufferinf from severe levoscoliosis, sustained thrauma to the l perinial, which caused for six years severe pain in l lateral side of my leg ,pain was very severe and constant, till i was started on Lyrica 200mgxtimes a day it got better, i im able to walk, but i got numbness in the rleg wich causes fallings, inability to walk, as well i have prriodicaly severe pain in my rthigh, i hope to get some help, thank you Polina.
Answered by Dr. Prof. Kunal Saha 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
Your spinal cord & spinal nerves supplying lowerlimbs are getting compressd

Detailed Answer:
Thanks Doctor for asking on HealthcareMagic.

I have gone carefully through the details provided. It so happens that there are pyramidal or sensory tracts travelling from the brain to the spinal cord as anterior, lateral and posterior tracts called corticospinal and corticobulbar tracts. These tracts mediate sensory elements like touch, pressure, balance, temperature, pain and vibration sense. Compression of these tracts could explain your symptoms. It is not that numbness is leading to your falling down. It is actually due to compression of two different tracts. The solution you require is to undo the nerve compression. Spinal traction can be given to resolve your problems. If that does not help, spinal surgery might be required.

Let me know if you have any specific queries and I would be glad to help.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Neel Kudchadkar