Suggest treatment for numbness in hands and tingling in foot
what would make my right arm and hand hurt my hand also get numb and my right foot tingles and has a burning sensation on the heel. I quit smoking a month ago when I had the heart problem and I have been eating more than usual. I am over weight at 185 lbs the arm, hand and foot has been feeling this way constantly for two days.
I have gone through your query.
Tingling sensation and burning in hand and foot are suggestive of neuropathy. Since you are over weight , there might be nerve compression at cervical and lumbar spine. Other causes can be diabetes and low level of vitamin B12.
I suggest you to consult a neurologist for clinical examination and investigations like MRI spine, blood sugar level, vitamin b12 level and nerve conduction test to rule out the causes.
Any positive test results will help in starting treatment accordingly. Try to reduce your weight and you may also need to consult physiotherapist.
Hope I have answered you.
Wish you good health
Dr. Gaurav Katiyar
For further queries you can contact me directly on http://bit.ly/DrGaurav
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Sickness tingling numb hands
- Hand numbness tingling tinnitus
- Tingling burning numb hands
- Treatment and cure for tingle sensation/ numbness
- Severe stabbing pain numbness and tingling in the vagina treatment
- Vyvanse numbness tingling hands
- Tingling and numbness in hands with angina
- Leukemia numbness tingling in hands
- Bilateral hand numbness and tingling
- Tingling numbness in hands arms neck straightened by chiropractor treatment