Suggest treatment for numbness in feet of a diabetic patient
For how long have you and diabetes?
Hi and thank you so much for this query.
I am so sorry to hear about this numbness and cold sensation that you have reported. Your symptoms are suggestive of diabetic neuropathy which is caused by nerves being damaged by diabetes. This is more common in persons who have had diabetes for many years or have had poorly controlled sugars.
Treatment is often with drugs used in the treatment of diabetic neuropathy. The most commonly used are gabapentin and Fluoxetin. I will suggest that you talk to oyoru testing doctor about the possibilities of getting a prescription for diabetic neuropathy. All these medications require a doctors prescriptions and laws prohibit this being done online.
Other measures include good control of diabetes, heathy diet, regular exercise and gentle massage.
I hope this helps. I wish you well. Thanks for using our services and do feel free to ask for more information and clarifications if need be.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Suggest treatment for numbness in figners
- Numbness in feet in parkinsons patients
- Suggest treatment for swelling and numbness on hand
- What treatment is suggested for pain and numbness in hand
- Suggest treatment for numbness on hand
- Suggest treatment for numbness on face
- Diabetes and feet numbness
- Suggest treatment for swellingpainful hard spots and numbness in legs
- Suggest treatment for numbness on shoulders and right arm
- Suggest treatment for sore and numb armpit