Suggest treatment for numbness and weakness of legs in an elderly person
Improvement is possible with treatment
Hello and thanks for using HCM.
I have read your question and understand your concerns.
Peripheral neuropathy symptoms treatment consists on control of the condition that caused it ( for example diabetes, low vitamin B12, viral infection, nerves compression ) and use of drugs to improve symptoms ( Gabapentin, Pregrabalin, capsaicin cream locally, antidepressants ).
So, neurontin (gabapentin) is one of the drugs used to improve symptoms.
Hope you found the answer helpful.
Let me know if I can assist you further.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Suggest treatment for numbness in figners
- Suggest treatment for swelling and numbness on hand
- Treatment and cure for weakness/numbness
- Suggest treatment for numbness on hand
- Suggest treatment for numbness on face
- Suggest treatment for numb leg back pain and constipation
- Numbness and weakness in left leg ultrasound shows cyst treatment
- Suggest treatment for sore and numb armpit
- Suggest treatment for swellingpainful hard spots and numbness in legs
- Treatment and cure for leg numbness