Suggest treatment for numbness and soreness in the fingers

Posted on Thu, 24 Nov 2016 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Question: I woke up this mormimg with the middle finger in my right hand kind of stuck in the bent position. I could unbending it but it would feel like a click. I have had soreness in the palm of my hand and some joints in the finger of the same hand as well as slight numbness too but I am a diabetic and thought that might be the beginnings of neuropathy . These symptoms are only in my right hand a no other extremities
Answered by Dr. Aashish Raghu 27 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Trigger finger

Detailed Answer:
Ho there.

You have a condition called Trigger finger.

This can be treated my oral NSAIDs like Tablet Ibuprofen 400mg twice a day for 5 days, application of cold packs, Steroid injection at the site and surgery.

You can try oral NSAIDs. If it doesn't work you can go on for a steroid shot.

I hope I have answered your query.

I will be available to answer your follow up queries.

Dr. Aashish Raghu
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. REMY KOSHY
Follow up: Dr. Aashish Raghu 4 minutes later
It's my middle finger not my trigger finger but that's what I have? What about the other symptoms preceding the bent finger ? Soreness in the palm and joints of all fingers
Answered by Dr. Aashish Raghu 2 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Trigger finger with hand arthritis

Detailed Answer:
You do have Trigger finger. Most commonly it occurs in the ring finger followed by the middle finger.

The pain in the joints is because of arthritis. It would be wise to get an Xray of the hand to confirm.
Dr. Aashish Raghu

Orthopaedic Surgeon