• question-icon

Suggest treatment for numbness and pain in the shoulder

Posted on Mon, 7 Aug 2017 in General Health
Question: Left arm. Left shoulder pain and numbness in left hand and left side of neck
Answered by Dr. R.A. Singh 33 minutes later
Brief Answer:
It can be due to cervical spondylitis.

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for writing your query.
After reading your post it seems that your symptoms might be due to cervical spondylitis.
I would advise that you should get yourself clinically examined and investigated by an Orthopaedician.
An MRI of head and neck region along with a clinical evaluation by your doctor will help in planning further medical management.
A pain killer like Ibuprofen along with a muscle relaxant like Thiocolchicoside and physiotherapy will help in relief from your symptoms.
Give rest to your body. Do not lift heavy weights.
I hope this is helpful to you. If you have any further query, I will be happy to help.
Regards. Thanks.
Dr. R.A. Singh

Emergency Medicine Specialist