Suggest treatment for numbness and burning sensation in the thighs
Hello. Thank you for writing to us
I am dr.kakkar (dermatologist). I have gone through your query and I have noted your concern.
You seem to have meralgia paresthetica which is a neuropathy of the lateral femoral cutaneous nerve.
The condition is due to entrapment of this nerve as it passes through the inguinal ligament. Symtoms include pain, numbness, pins and needle sensation.
I would suggest combination oral methycobalamin 750 to 1500 mcg and pregabalin 75 mg, twice daily for your symptoms.
It is a prescription drug and I would suggest that you talk to your GP for the needful.
Then what is his explanation for your symptoms? and why does he refute this diagnosis of meralgia paresthetica?
He says it could be any number of back issues causing these symptoms. I have an MRI on the 20th and see doc on 27th.
The distribution of your symptoms is very much in the distribution of LCFN (lateral cutaneous femoral nerve) which supplies mid anterior and lower thigh. Back issues usually cause pain in the back of leg/thigh, hamstring region and calf region rather than on the front of leg. Anyways i hope MRI and physical examination would give a more accurate picture.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What causes numbness and burning sensation in thighs
- Suggest treatment for numbness in figners
- Suggest treatment for swelling and numbness on hand
- Treatment and cure for tingle sensation/ numbness
- Suggest treatment for numbness on hand
- Suggest treatment for numbness on face
- Treatment and cure for thigh numbness
- Knee pain numbness tingling burning sensation home treatment
- Suggest treatment for sore and numb armpit
- Numbness in thigh burning sensation after urination ibs