Suggest treatment for nose congestion

Dr. Rajkishori Godhi

ENT Specialist

Posted on Tue, 5 Aug 2014 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems
Question: I kniw this is gross, but I have boogers stuck WAY up in my nose. Ive tried picking, blowing, and putting water up my nose but they still stay! Its really annoying and I can constantly feel them. Please help! To make matters worse, I'm on vacation.
Answered by Dr. Rajkishori Godhi 42 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Saline nose drops

Detailed Answer:
Hello and welcome to Healthcare magic.

You can try normal saline nose drops. Instill 10 drops in each nostril 6 times daily, keep lying down for 10 minutes afterwards. Follow it up with steam inhalation.

This condition is common in sinus infections. See a doctor to rule out sinus infection.

Drink lots of water to keep the mucus thin and avoid air conditioning.

Do not try to pick your nose forcibly, it may result in bleeding.

Dr. Rajkishori godhi
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Bhagyalaxmi Nalaparaju
Follow up: Dr. Rajkishori Godhi 13 minutes later
Thanks a lot! Do you know where I can get them? CVS maybe?
Answered by Dr. Rajkishori Godhi 4 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Any pharmacy

Detailed Answer:
You can get normal saline nose drops in any pharmacy over the counter.
regards,
dr rajkishori godhi
Follow up: Dr. Rajkishori Godhi 14 minutes later
Ok thanks for the help! If that doesnt work for some reason I'll just wait until I get home and go to my ENT doctor in person, but again thanks for the help!
Answered by Dr. Rajkishori Godhi 11 minutes later
Brief Answer:
you are welcome

Detailed Answer:
Hello ,
You ae most welcome.
Dr Rajkishori Godhi