Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
194 Doctors are Online

Suggest treatment for nose congestion

User rating for this question
Answered by

ENT Specialist
Practicing since : 2003
Answered : 709 Questions
I kniw this is gross, but I have boogers stuck WAY up in my nose. Ive tried picking, blowing, and putting water up my nose but they still stay! Its really annoying and I can constantly feel them. Please help! To make matters worse, I'm on vacation.
Posted Tue, 5 Aug 2014 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems
Answered by Dr. Rajkishori Godhi 42 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Saline nose drops

Detailed Answer:
Hello and welcome to Healthcare magic.

You can try normal saline nose drops. Instill 10 drops in each nostril 6 times daily, keep lying down for 10 minutes afterwards. Follow it up with steam inhalation.

This condition is common in sinus infections. See a doctor to rule out sinus infection.

Drink lots of water to keep the mucus thin and avoid air conditioning.

Do not try to pick your nose forcibly, it may result in bleeding.

Dr. Rajkishori godhi
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Follow-up: Suggest treatment for nose congestion 13 minutes later
Thanks a lot! Do you know where I can get them? CVS maybe?
Answered by Dr. Rajkishori Godhi 4 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Any pharmacy

Detailed Answer:
You can get normal saline nose drops in any pharmacy over the counter.
dr rajkishori godhi
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Follow-up: Suggest treatment for nose congestion 14 minutes later
Ok thanks for the help! If that doesnt work for some reason I'll just wait until I get home and go to my ENT doctor in person, but again thanks for the help!
Answered by Dr. Rajkishori Godhi 11 minutes later
Brief Answer:
you are welcome

Detailed Answer:
Hello ,
You ae most welcome.
Dr Rajkishori Godhi
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an ENT Specialist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor