Suggest treatment for nose bleeds while on Neosporin

Dr. T Chandrakant

General Surgeon

Posted on Tue, 9 Feb 2016 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems
Question: The inside of my right nostril has been on & off bleeding for a couple of months. When I use a flashlight to look, there's what I think a giant raw sore on the inner side of the nostril. It reaches back into my nose to where I cannot see. I have been coating Neosporin on it day & night, as well as using a humidifier, but nothing is working. It'll bleed heavily for up to half an hour, even when applying pressure with a Kleenex. Sometimes it'll start after blowing my nose; other times just right when I wake up and start moving. The inside of the nostril is never dry or crusty, either. Like it doesn't try to heal.
Answered by Dr. T Chandrakant 3 hours later
Brief Answer:
Proper inspection, investigations and definitive treatment

Detailed Answer:
Hi.
Thanks for your query and an elucidate history.
Noted your history in detail.

Please give additional information:
- Whether the raw area is on the mid-line septum or on the alar part?
- How is sense of smell: normal/less or nil?
- Any pus like discharge?
- How much is your hemoglobin?

Since this is bleeding for a couple of months, sometimes unwarranted, it is better to do the following:
- First of all to get an appointment of an ENT Surgeon. It is only on a proper inspection and further investigations that gives the proper diagnosis.
- The treatment solely depends upon the proper diagnosis.
- Also get the blood tested for hemoglobin and get supplements if the hemoglobin is less than normal.
- Always go for definitive diagnosis and treatment to get a cure.

I hope this answer helps you to get an early diagnosis and proper management.
Brief Answer:
Please make an appointment.

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for your feedback.
Since the problem is of a long duration and not healing, bleeding on and off, you should get a proper diagnosis and treatment.

Dr T Chandrakant.
Practicing ENT and General Surgeon.
Follow up: Dr. T Chandrakant 23 minutes later
It is on the side of the nasal septum. My sense of small is fine. There is no discharge whatsoever. And I have no idea how much my hemoglobin is. I will make an appointment if you think I need to.