question-icon

Suggest treatment for nose bleeds, dizziness and bloating

Posted on Wed, 20 May 2015
Question: Hi, so the last few weeks Ive had a couple of nose bleeds which I have never had before and have felt dizzy, also I am very bloated and my period is a week late although I definitely am not pregnant, thanks XXXX
Answered by Dr. Sameer Kumar (18 minutes later)
Brief Answer:
hypertensive nose bleed....possible cause

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for the query to HCM,
The most likely cause for recurrent nose bleeds is either essential or moderate hypertension or frequent nose picking. But as in your case its accompanied by dizziness it is likely tone a hypertensive bleed. You need to get your blood pressure checked at the clinic first.
Regarding bloating and delayed period , once pregnancy has been ruled out could possibly be due to stress induced hormonal imbalance and it is likely a symptom of PMS which in absence of pregnancy indicates that your menses are to ensue in next few days.
please visit a nearby clinic or a gp to get your BP evaluated first.
Dr. Sameer Kumar

OB and GYN Specialist