question-icon

Suggest treatment for non retraction of foreskin

Posted on Mon, 20 Oct 2014
Question: i have a tight foreskin that just does not move back... My age is 35, weight is 75kgs. I might get married soon in a month's time. How badly would the sex life be affected?
Answered by Dr. Ashok Kumar (14 minutes later)
Brief Answer:
This is phimosis and treatable

Detailed Answer:
Dear XXXX,
Thanks for using healthcaremagic.

From the available description it appears to me that you never had sex and worried about your tight skin around penis. The condition is known as phimosis and can be treated either conservatively or surgically.

I advise you to following things

In regard to tight skin over your penis, gently roll the skin to and fro repeatedly multiple times a day.

If you are not able to roll back or it is painful to roll back, meet a surgeon. Eventually you may need to have the excess skin removed since it acts as a band over glans penis.

I want to assure you that this is easily treatable and should not affect sex life, long term, with treatment.

'Hope I have answered your query. If you have any further questions I will be happy to help".
Thanks

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Vinay Bhardwaj
Dr. Ashok Kumar

Psychiatrist