Get your health question answered instantly from our pool of 18000+ doctors from over 80 specialties

169 Doctors Online
Doctor Image
Dr. Andrew Rynne

Family Physician

Exp 50 years

I will be looking into your question and guiding you through the process. Please write your question below.

Suggest treatment for non retraction of foreskin of penis

Answered by
Dr. Ilyas Patel


Practicing since :1982

Answered : 3387 Questions

Posted on Thu, 7 Aug 2014 in Men's Health
Question: my foreskin cannot easily go back on the shaft of the penis.. in other words my seal is not broken ..
I have asked many friends but everyone has got it seperated .. do I relly need to worry .. or will it get detached by my first intercourse..
I m 19
Answered by Dr. Ilyas Patel 45 minutes later
Brief Answer:

Detailed Answer:

Your complaint is that your foreskin dose not retact above glans penis. It means that distal part of foreskin..i.e. prepuce is narrow. It is called phimosis.

Phimosis is defined as the inability to retract the skin (foreskin or prepuce) covering the head (glans) of the penis.

Phimosis may appear as a tight ring or “rubber band” of foreskin around the tip of the penis, preventing full retraction.

Phimosis is divided into two forms: primary or idiopathic and secondary or pathologic.

Primary may be since birth or childhood and may be without cause. And pathologic caused by repeated fungal and bacterial infection.

There is no medicine to retract the prepuce. Manual method may be tried. But, if not retracted, surgical intervention is must. The surgery is called circumcision. You consult surgeon for such surgery. It is is a minor sugery done under local anaesthesia, in which the prepuce is removed and the glans penis is opened.

Circumcision operation should be done to avoid future complications of difficulty in cleaning the glans penis,repeated infection,collection of smegma,difficulty in urination,urinary infection..urethritis,cystitis, difficulty in erection and intercourse... And smegma might cause malignancy in old age.

I hope this would be helpful to you... Please consult surgeon to have perfect treatment.

Thanks and have early recovery.

Dr. Ilyas Patel MD
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Vinay Bhardwaj
Follow up: Dr. Ilyas Patel 6 hours later
You referred to some manual methods to break the seal .. can u please tell me those manual methods .. will giving massage daily help ?
Answered by Dr. Ilyas Patel 49 minutes later
Brief Answer:

Detailed Answer:

Welcome back..

Manual method to be done by surgeon, not it may hurt you. There may be rupture or injury to prepuce and bleeding would be there. And that might worsen the condition. Surgeon will try to retract the prepucial skin with taking antiseptic precaution. If he fails, then circumcision is neccessary.

I would like to advise you to consult surgeon for perfect treatment.


Dr. Ilyas Patel MD
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Bhagyalaxmi Nalaparaju

The User accepted the expert's answer

Share on
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions ,  
Medical Procedures
Medical Topics ,  

Recent questions on  Urethritis

doctor1 MD

Hi doctor, May I know how to I properly clean my penis. I am uncut. And I noticed I am quite sensitive to soap on my Genital area. Is it alright if I just clean it with Lukewarm water without soap while showering. Will it cause any problem in a...

doctor1 MD

Hello 47yr Male 3 weeks ago mastubated with Vaseline, woke next day with red urethra , the opening burns a little if a dribble of urine touches it, seen GP, urine test all clear, given antibiotics for 5 days, problem subsided, then masturbated...

doctor1 MD

I have recurring yeast infection. How do I know it's a yeast infection? I feel a need to go to the bathroom frequently. Sometime it burns. No didcharge and Monostat seems to take care of it but I don't like to take that frequently. it's probably...

doctor1 MD

I am a 26 year old man. I've used protection for vaginal sex but no protection for oral sex.

My meatus/external urethral orifice is slightly swollen, it stings when I urinate and I have an ache in my testicles but I don't have any discharge.

Could this be the beginnings of gonorrhea or could it be urethritis? How would I treat this?

doctor1 MD

hi, i have been recently diagnosed with urethritis even though i have been tested for sti,through having a urine and swab test done twice and all have come back clear. my urologist has told me just to drink plenty of water and hope it clears up. i would like to know exactly what measures i can take to help the recovery process and what i can and cant do whilst i have this condition, ie, alcohol, sex, masturbation?....this is having a very restricting and distressing effect on my life as i have been suffering this for the past five months and am at my wits end. thanks

doctor1 MD

Hi, I ve been experiencing what feels like a burning sensation around my cervix area.. and sometimes a mild pinching pulling feeling like I sometimes feel during/just after a papsmear. There are no other symptoms, no discharge, no odor... I have had this happen before in the last couple of years, the doctors tested me for all sorts of things and everything came back negative with the exception of them saying that they could see very minor amounts of bacteria. They prescribed me flagyl, which made me sick.. then they gave me clyndamicin, which I opted not to take and instead used boric acid suppositories.. that seemed to clear it right up. Well, it is back and has been for about a week, it has been about 8 months since the last flare up. I have been using boric acid and it didn t help.. I still had the clyndamicin so I opted to go ahead and take it this time, and I m about halfway through.. (4x a day for 2 weeks).. and I m not getting any relief yet.. I have been with the same partner for 2 years now, and I m certain he is faithful as we work and live together.. so WHAT IS GOING ON?..I bought one of the OTC screening tests .. and the yellow did turn a little bluish.. which indicates bacteria not yeast.. but why am I only experiencing burning and no other symptoms.. is this BV? Cervicitis? Urethritis?.. or does it matter? it is all a form of a bacterial infection that is all treated the same way. I really don t want to go back to the doctor at this point.. we spent a fortune last year going back and forth only for them to tell me the same thing... We dont really know.. you have a small amount of bacteria showing but that isn t unusual.. here take an antibiotic! ...

doctor1 MD

Hi,I have been diagnosed with urethritis by a local urologist on tuesday (Sept 21, 2010). I have been taking Vibramycin 100mg 2x a day for 6 days now. The burning sensation and the itchy sensation are all gone but i still see some transparent discharge from my penis. Is this normal?