Suggest treatment for non itchy spots on body

Dr. Praveen

Posted on Sat, 23 Aug 2014 in Skin Hair and Nails
Question: over the past two weeks these spots have appeared all over my body, they don't itch and they are not sore. have been taking antihistamines as thought it might an allergic reaction but they have not helped and the spots are getting bigger.
Answered by Dr. Praveen 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
I were to suspect Psoriasis

Detailed Answer:
Hi dear.

Thanks for giving me an opportunity to address your query.

I have gone through the image which has been shared. I appreciate your interest. I were to suspect initial stages of Psoriasis. I were to assess the extent of involvement (hands, legs, neck etc) and treat with topical agents initially - steroid (betamethasone), keratolytics(agents which reduce scaling), agents which slow skin cell growth(calcipotriene).

In the subsequent follow ups I were to assess the response to these agents and add oral agents (low dose methotrexate) depending on the response and severity.

Antihistaminics might not be of much help since they do not address the inflammatory process.
I advise to see your dermatologist for evaluation and the discuss the treatment options explained here.

Hope this answers your query. If any further questions, will be happy to help you.

Regards.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Ashwin Bhandari