Suggest treatment for non-displaced fibular fracture

Dr. Albana Sejdini

Posted on Fri, 23 May 2014 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Question: What is the usual treatment for a nondisplaced oblique still fibular fracture?
Answered by Dr. Albana Sejdini 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Stabilization and follow ups...

Detailed Answer:
Hi there,

I have gone through the X-ray report of your ankle.

I have noticed that the radiologist is not confirming "non-displaced fracture" , but it is questioning it as there is swelling of soft tissue noted laterally.

It is common to get fractures of the ankle. I am happy that the fibular fracture is still non-displaced in your case, so, it can be easily treated.

Usually, the treatment consists of immobilization and regular follow ups.

At your case, it is important to reduce swelling first. I usually advise my patients to apply blended onion mixed with salt locally at the swollen ankle for at least a couple of days. You will see that the swelling will be reduced within the first day.

You can apply at bedtime, so, the mixture will be there all night long for better results. I also advise not to move or put pressure at the swollen ankle.

After the swelling is reduced, can contact radiologist/orthopedist for further evaluation.

Wish fast recovery!
Dr.Albana