• question-icon

Suggest treatment for non-alcoholic fatty liver and acne

Posted on Mon, 24 Jul 2017 in Digestion and Bowels
Question: I recently visited a dermatologist for acne, she was planning to put me on isotretinoin after a LFT and a Lipid Profile. There were a few out of range values in the tests. Wanted your advise on what should be done. I have attached the copies of the reports for your review.
My sugar is normal, BP fluctuates around 130/90, My weight is 93 and Height is 5 foot 8 inches.

Just forgot to add, that I had been diagnosed with grade 1 Non alcoholic fatty liver through an ultrasound some time ago.
Answered by Dr. Ratnakar Kini 10 hours later
Brief Answer:
Raised SGPT due to fatty liver. Weight reduction advised.

Detailed Answer:
I am Dr.R.K and I am pleased to assist you.

I have looked through your reports. Your SGPT is mildly raised. This could be probably be due to fatty liver.
As per the height and weight you have mentioned, you are obese.
Obesity is one of the risk factors for fatty liver.
Your lipid profile is normal.
You need to reduce weight.

Dr.R.K.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Kampana
Dr. Ratnakar Kini

Gastroenterologist