Suggest treatment for night fall and premature ejaculation

Dr. Ashok Kumar

Psychiatrist

Posted on Tue, 4 Apr 2017 in Sexual Health
Question: Hello Sir/Madam,
I have been suffering from night fall for last around 12 yrs. Tried homeopathic medicine too, but didn't help. it's not very frequent, but happens.
Also, have issue with premature ejaculation. It comes out very very early.
Request to suggest the solution that may permanently solve my both issue. I'm 28.5 yrs old.
thanks in advance.
Answered by Dr. Ashok Kumar 41 minutes later
Brief Answer:
I think Kegel exercise can be a best option for you

Detailed Answer:
Dear XXXX,
Thanks for using Healthcaremagic.

I read your query and understand your concerns.

Having less duration of sexual intercourse and night fall both are symptoms of premature ejaculation or poor ejaculatory control. The condition can be controlled or treated in right manner with use of either behaviour techniques or medications.

The behavioral techniques need to be practiced during sex and does not yield results for two to four weeks. But once the results are achieved they are long lasting. In addition there is little concern with side effects as no active molecules prescribed.

Even your partner can also help you by participating in some of the behavioral interventions.

It s difficult for me to explain them here but you can get them a hold on them with use of google. Just type "kegel exercise" and you will get plethora of information to identify this particular technique. The kegel exercise is most studied and probably most effective technique for control of ejaculation.

The other techniques are
1. Squeeze technique
2. Start- stop method
3. Interruption technique

You can use either one or combination of them as per your comfort level.

Premature ejaculation can be controlled by drugs..
SSRI group of antidepressant drugs cause delayed ejaculation as a side effect, and this side effect is used therapeutically in the treatment of premature ejaculation..these drugs are as following:
Tablet. Paroxetine
Tablet. Fluoxetine
Tablet. Sertraline

I often prefer paroxetine as the first choice as it is slightly more effective than the other ones. The effect can be seen with regular intake of medications by the end of one or two weeks.

In my opinion you should practice the behavioural techniques first before opting to medications.

I hope you find find this advice helpful..best luck..