Suggest treatment for neuropathic pain in a diabetic

Dr. Chobufo Ditah

Posted on Thu, 22 Sep 2016 in Brain and Spine
Question: i have neuropathique pain on my 2 feet. i am diabetic. Pain on top and side of feet.
Answered by Dr. Chobufo Ditah 10 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Take Gabapentin!

Detailed Answer:
HI and thanks for this query.

I am so sorry to hear about this pain. I will suggest that you take gabapentin for relief. You will need a doctor's script for this as it cannot be served over the counter. This drug may take as many as three weeks for full effects to be felt. In addition to this, I will suggest that you pay close attention to your glucose control avoiding excessively high values out of the recommended range and having good A1C numbers.

Keep me posted on this. I wish you well. Feel free to ask for more information and clarifications if need be.