Suggest treatment for neurocysticercosis
my maid 20 female was diagnosed with cysticercosis during Nov 15 post she suffered multiple seizures.
post that she is on medicine encorate chrono 200 mg morning and 400 mg night till date.. she was ok but since yesterday she is complaining eyes flicking and pain above and behind eyes. also at times she was complaining vertigo.
is it related to her ongoing disease or normal . what should we do now.
Get EEG and consult treating doctor
I have gone through your question and understand your concerns.
In neurocysticercosis, recurrence may occurs even on treatment.
This may be partial type of seizure or complex partial seizures.
You should consult the treating doctor for need of increase in dose of drug.
Eeg may be required too. Repeat imaging may be required if symptoms are persistent.
Hope you found the answer helpful.
Dr N Kumar
Upload video of episodes
Not advisable to increase dose without eeg evidence or clear seizure semiology.
If there is no impairment of consciousness, frothing, tongue bite then continue with same dose.
Amitryptiline may be added for pain with these flickering.
You can also upload video of episodes if possible.
Dr N Kumar
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Neurocysticercosis treatment in ayurveda
- Aruvedic treatment of neurocysticercosis
- Neurocysticercosis is curable
- Neurocysticercosis treatment by eptoin
- Natural treatments for neurocysticercosis
- Treatment and cure for neurocysticercosis infection
- Ayurvedic massage treatment for neurocysticercosis
- Ayurvedic treatment for neurocysticercosis
- Treatment and cure for neurocysticercosis
- Neurocysticercosis homeopathy