Suggest treatment for nerve pulling pain in finger
Infection or tendonitis likely.
Thanks for posting your query.
The pulling pain in the finger on stretching is more likely to be due to tendonitis rather than a nerve problem. An infection in the finger space also needs to be ruled out after a direct examination.
Exact diagnosis can be made only after proper examination by an orthopaedician. So I suggest you to consult one. An XC-ray or MRI scan might be needed to confirm the diagnosis.
In the meanwhile, for symptomatic relief:
1. Give enough rest to your hand muscle.
2. Take mild pain killers like acetaminophen or ibuprofen.
3. Stronger prescription NSAIDS with muscle relaxants may help if simple analgesics do not help.
4. Hot compresses to your finger will be useful pain relieving measure. You may apply a local analgesic gel on that area.
5. Hand, Wrist and forearm stretches can be helpful under the guidance of a physiotherapist if the infection is ruled out.
I hope this answers your query.
In case you have additional questions or doubts, you can forward them to me, and I shall be glad to help you out.
Wishing you good health.
Dr. Praveen Tayal.
For future query, you can directly approach me through my profile URL http://bit.ly/Dr-Praveen-Tayal
Sorry for the delay.
Thanks for writing again.
The delay in first response may be related to the delay in the payment transfer. You can get the details from the customer care services.
The suggestion given by your GP was after a direct examination. Online consultation is used for a second opinion only. In the absence of a direct examination and proper investigations it is difficult to give a definitive diagnosis and start with a specific treatment.
Hope you understand our limitations.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Nerve pain treatments
- Treatment for shingles nerve pain
- Treatment for chronic nerve pain
- Suggest treatment for pain due to compressed nerve
- Treatment for severe nerve pain
- Sci nerve pain treatments
- Suggest treatment for compressed nerves with stiffness and pain
- Suggest treatment for sciatic nerve pain
- Suggest treatment for nerve pain and damage
- Suggest treatment for nerve pain in my neck and back