Suggest treatment for nerve pain on wrist and arms

Dr. Prakash H Muddegowda

Geriatrics Specialist

Posted on Tue, 2 Sep 2014 in Brain and Spine
Question: I have been experiencing nerve pain in my wrists initially and now in my arms anf throughout my body. I can't get a diagnosis. I have taken a ciprelex which
Answered by Dr. Prakash H Muddegowda 10 minutes later
Need to check for Vit B12 levels in serum and also thyroid profile. They are more common causes of these symptoms.
Do followup up with these levels as correction is necessary.
Follow up: Dr. Prakash H Muddegowda 6 minutes later
Further symptoms are numbness in palms of hands ans a feeling of internal shaking. I will take thentests, however i cannit sleep in the meantime. What to take to alliviate?
Answered by Dr. Prakash H Muddegowda 51 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Do followup with tests

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for asking.
I am Dr. Prakash HM and I will be answering your query.

The treatment for neuropathic pain requires medications other than the usual ones. You can take the prescription for "Gabapentin" from your doctor. It is very useful in neuropathic pain.
However, do provide more history and test results to identify the exact diagnosis.

Along with painkiller, you should also take Vitamin B12 supplements to help improve further.

Any further queries, happy to help again.
Dr. Prakash HM
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Vaishalee Punj