Suggest treatment for nerve pain in the foot

Dr. Bruno Mascarenhas

Neurologist, Surgical

Posted on Tue, 16 Aug 2016 in Brain and Spine
Question: Hello...
I have some nerve issues that have begun to surface in my right foot. Some pain in the webbing between my second and third toe, and occasional sharp pain (as well as nerve impulses) on the top of my big toe.
Do you have any thoughts on this?
Answered by Dr. Bruno Mascarenhas 50 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Compression of Nerves of the Feet. Weight Reduction May Help

Detailed Answer:

Welcome to HealthCareMagic.com I am Dr.J XXXXXXX Anto Bruno Mascarenhas. I have gone through your query with diligence and would like you to know that I am here to help you.

Your Symptoms are suggestive of Neuralgia of small nerves that supply your toes.
The usual cause is
1. Sudden Weight Gain
2. Thyroid Dysfunction
3. Rheumatoid Arthritis

Treatment would include
1. Drugs for Neuropathy
2. Vitamins to help your nerve regain its function
3. Treating the Cause

Treatment of cause means
1. Weight Loss, if you have had sudden weight gain
2. Checking your Thyroid Profile
3. Checking for Rheumatoid Arthritis

Hope you found the answer helpful.

If you need any clarification / have doubts / have additional questions / have follow up questions, then please do not hesitate in asking again. I will be happy to answer your questions.

Best Wishes for Speedy Recovery
Let me know if I can assist you further.

-oOo-

PS 1 : After all your doubts have been cleared, kindly (a) Close this Question (b) Rate my Replies and (c) Give your Feedback.

PS 2 : In the future, for continuity of care, I encourage you to contact me directly in HealthCareMagic at http://bit.ly/askdrbruno
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Yogesh D