Suggest treatment for nerve damage on toes

Question
Hi, If the edge of a 4 x 4'ish plank, approximately 70 to maybe 100 pounds, slammed straight down onto a foot , landing right where the toes connect to the foot could it have smashed a nerve? I keep getting random painful "zaps" of pain shooting up the front of my leg ? Could there be nerve damage ? Attaching a picture with line drawn across top of foot where plank landed and line going up foot to show location and direction of radiating pulses of pain. Infrequent but painful when it occurs. No logical reason for timing of shots of pain. Active or at rest.
Xrays indicated possible crush fractures but that was iffy. I walked in a boot for a few weeks just in case.
Posted Mon, 11 Aug 2014 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Follow-up: Suggest treatment for nerve damage on toes 6 minutes later

Answered by Dr. Yogesh D 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Yes, quite possible.

Detailed Answer:

Thank you for posting your query.

By the description of your pain it seems like it is due to a nerve damage, and the answer to your question is an emphatic yes, a crush injury to foot can damage the nerves and by the picture you have drawn, it appears like the injured nerve is the superficial branch of the peronial nerve.

Please consult a neurologist and an orthopedic surgeon for clinical exam, that will be sufficient to confirm the diagnosis.

I hope this helps you, please write back if you have any doubts.

Kind regards.