Suggest Treatment For Neck Pain
Can be cervical spondylosis.
Thanks for posting your query.
Pain neck which is persistent is suggestive of degenerative disc changes or cervical spondylosis. It happens primarily due to degenerative changes secondary to age in the cervical spine. Past neck injury may also contribute to the degeneration.
X-ray of neck in lateral view or MRI will help in the diagnosis.
1. Use of cervical collar helps in immobilisation and brings relief.
2. Medical drugs like pain killers - acetaminophen/ibuprofen and muscle relaxants might be helpful.
3. Methylcobalamin supplements are also recommended for nerve compression symptoms.
4. Cervical isometric exercises are beneficial to maintain the strength of the neck muscles. Neck and upper back stretching exercises, as well as light aerobic activities, also are recommended under the guidance of a physical therapist.
5. Hot fomentation helps in relieving acute symptoms.
6. You can avoid using a pillow.
As you try these measures, I also encourage you to consult an orthopedician for both evaluation and to avail stronger prescription medications (if over the counter medications are not helpful)
I hope this answers your query.
In case you have additional questions or doubts, you can forward them to me, and I shall be glad to help you out.
Wishing you good health.
Dr. Praveen Tayal.
For future query, you can directly approach me through my profile URL http://bit.ly/Dr-Praveen-Tayal
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Home remedy for lump on neck
- How to reduce a swollen lymph node in my neck
- Lump and soreness on left side of neck
- Knot behind ear on neck
- Itchy white spots on ears and neck
- I have a lump near the scar tissue on my neck
- Hypertrichosis fuzzy hair face neck
- How to stop red spots after shaving neck
- Hole in my neck
- Ligament or swollen gland in neck