Suggest treatment for neck pain
YYYY@YYYY XXXXXXX XXXX
Most likely a repetitive stress injury.
Thank you for asking HCM.
I have gone through your query. Your problem can be due repetitive stress injury. Avoid high pillows. Better to avoid pillow and use a rolled towel to put under your neck while sleeping. Also sleep on hard mattress.
You can apply gels containing NSAIDs like ketoprofen or diclofenac, capsaicin and methyl salicylate on neck. Hot fomentation also will be helpful. If still no relief then you can take oral NSAIDs like ibuprofen.
If there is no improvement and worsening of pain then X ray should be taken to rule out cervical spondylosis.
Hope this may help you. Let me know if anything not clear.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Neck pain and migraines treatment
- Suggest treatment for shoulder and neck pain
- Treatment and cure for Neck pain
- Having back pain and neck pain suggest treatment
- What is the treatment for neck pain
- Neck pain treatment
- Suggest treatment for neck pain
- Suggest treatment for severe neck pain
- Stiff neck pain treatment
- Muscle neck pain treatment