Suggest treatment for neck pain

Question
Hi Doctor,

I need your help to diagnose my neck pain.

Thanks,
XXXXXX
Posted Fri, 22 Aug 2014 in Back Pain

Answered by Dr. Bhagyalaxmi Nalaparaju 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Get an X ray of neck.

Detailed Answer:

Neck pain could be posture related or could be muscle strain or could be cervical bone problem like cervical spondylitis. I would like you to provide more details of the pain such as duration, severity and associated symptoms.

I would suggest you visit an orthopedic doctor.Doctor would suggest you an X ray of neck if doctor found any abnormality or if you need further investigation then doctor may go for MRI scan.And doctor will plan for treatment according to your diagnosis.For neck pain physiotherapy also helpful you can go for it with doctor advice.
Meanwhile you can take another analgesic medication like tablet Dolo(Paracetamol) after food.
You can use hot water bags to relieve the pain.
You can apply analgesic gels.
Do not watch TV or Computer in same position for long time.
Avoid high pillow when you lie down.

Hope I have answered your query.
If you have any queries I will be happy to help you.
If you do not have any queries you can close the discussion and rate the answer if possible.
Thank you.