Suggest Treatment For Neck Pain Due To Bulging Disc
Oral muscle relaxants will help.
Thanks for posting your query.
The description of your MRI scan goes with Cervical Spondylosis.
You have features of Disc Prolapse at C5-C6 and C6-C7 levels with moderately severe compromise of neural foramen.
Usually, the spinal cord and nerve roots are protected within the spinal canal. The spinal canal is guarded by the vertebrae which separated from one another by a cushion like intervertebral discs. With age, degenerative changes occur which leads to disc prolapse and spinal cord/nerve root compression.
You symptoms of neck stiffness and soreness is related to the disc and spondylotic changes at cervical spine.
You should do following to have relief -
1. You should use cervical collar in the day time for support to neck muscles and remove it during the night and rest.
2. Medical drugs like pain killers - acetaminophen/ibuprofen and muscle relaxants might be helpful.
3. Methylcobalamin supplements are also recommended for nerve compression symptoms.
4. Cervical isometric exercises are beneficial to maintain the strength of the neck muscles. Neck and upper back stretching exercises, as well as light aerobic activities, also are recommended under the guidance of a physical therapist.
5. Hot fomentation helps in relieving acute symptoms.
6. You can avoid using a pillow.
Cervical traction and local steroid injections may help in case the pain is persistent in spite of all these measures.
I hope this answers your query.
In case you have additional questions or doubts, you can forward them to me, and I shall be glad to help you out.
Wishing you good health.
Dr. Praveen Tayal.
For future query, you can directly approach me through my profile URL http://bit.ly/Dr-Praveen-Tayal