Suggest treatment for neck pain after working with computer

Dr. Alokkalyani

Rheumatologist

Posted on Tue, 12 Aug 2014 in Back Pain
Question: ive been doing a lot of computer work on my laptop. my neck is killing me. any suggestions to make it feel better?
Answered by Dr. Alokkalyani 46 minutes later
Brief Answer:
exercise

Detailed Answer:
Hi and thanks for the query

I am Dr. Alok and very pleased to be assisting you with your health questions today.

This is a very common problem among computer users, you need to modify or change your computer workstation with the help of occupational therapist or do it by yourself. You can take help from OSHA website.
for neck pain and stiffness, you need to do some changes in lifestyle
- take rest for 5 minutes after every 30 minutes,
- do regular neck exercise,
- while working, try to keep your neck and back in resting position
- sometime a soft neck coller may help
If require, you can take over the counter available painkiller ointment or paracetamol

Hope this helps and provides answers to your question.
If you have any further queries, please don’t hesitate to ask me again
I wish you good health, take care
--Dr. Alok
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Yogesh D