Suggest treatment for neck and back pain

Dr. Grzegorz Stanko

General Surgeon

Posted on Thu, 7 Aug 2014 in Back Pain
Question: My back and my neck have hurt for about 8-10 months now. I feel like its getting worse. The base of my neck where it conjoins with the spine hurts also where my neck connects to my head. Also mid and lower back. I've tried stretches resetting my posture. I've gone to chiropractors and they seem to just make it worse. During that time I've gained anxiety, weird anti social behaviors. I always thought they would go away if I was optimistic and tried harder to be more social. But things haven't gotten better. The only thing that would maybe be the cause environmentally is I went to Costa Rica last year. And I was in a snowboarding accident and I immobilized my shoulder for a few weeks until I could finally move it again. I also had a drug problem with black tar heroin and marijuana usage. I'm not sure what the problem is. I've spent thousands on doctors with no sort of answer.
Answered by Dr. Grzegorz Stanko 5 hours later
Brief Answer:
Spine MRI is necessary.

Detailed Answer:
Hello!

Thank you for the query.

The mentioned by you accident could cause some injury of the spine which can not be fixed by chiropractors. The are usually available to help with muscle pain and injury.
As your problem seems to be caused by some spine problem (like spine disc herniation or some spinal cord compression), I suggest you to have proper diagnostics. Spine MRI should be done at firs. You should consult the result of this test with neurosurgeon or orthopedist.

Hope this will help. Feel free to ask further questions.
Regards.