Suggest treatment for nausea

Dr. Albana Sejdini

Posted on Wed, 27 Aug 2014 in Digestion and Bowels
Question: my 16 years old daughter has nausea for two weeks now. What should I be giving her, or should I just take her to the doctor?
Answered by Dr. Albana Sejdini 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Take her to the doctor.....

Detailed Answer:

I am sorry for the situation your daughter is going through.

It has been too long for her nausea not to be gone. So, at this moment further investigations are needed to find out why she is having nausea:
- abdominal ultrasound
- complete blood work
- biochemistry balance
- pregnancy test if her periods are not regular
- urine analysis
- ENT examination (especially when it comes to sinuses)

Depending on the tests results, prescription treatment will be prescribed.

For the moment, continue giving gatorade and lemon juice; ask her to have the meals regularly until she consult with her doctor.

Wish fast recovery!
Dr.Albana